July 28, 2011

I Hate Portmanteaus.

So this post is a bit different to what I usually post, but I'm so excited about it that I have to share it with you.
Fashion Documentaries or as some like to call them 'Fashion-mentaries'. And as much as I hate anything to do with portmanteaus I can't help but love these.

There are two that are on my radar at the moment one is called 'The Tents' which is a documentary about the history & evolution of New York Fashion Week. There are loads of interviews from well known designers like Carolina Herrera, Donna Karan, Isaac Mizrahi and Zac Posen among others.

"The term 'The Tents' now resonates as a metaphor for the fashion show venue itself as well as the overall fashion week experience." says The Tents Director James Belzer.
Oh here's a lil NYFW trivia for you that I found out while re-searching for this article, apparently the first NYFQ was called Press Week and it was designed to shift the attention from French to American fashion during World War II. And it worked, a lot of Vogue magazines at the time would feature French designers however NYFW made them focus more on the American fashion industry.
Anyway check out the the trailer for 'The Tents' - what do you think? It will be screened in September during the New York Fashion Week.


The Tents Trailer from Marcus K Jones on Vimeo.

Another "fashion-mentary" that I am looking forward to watching this year is 'God Save My Shoes' a documentary about the relationship between women & their shoes. I'm sure you all will agree that most women (myself included) love shoes. There's just something about them that makes everything better.
I think what attracted me to God Save My Shoes is firstly because its about shoes and secondly there are interviews from Christian Louboutin & Manolo Blahnik two designers that I adore.
This documentary will premier in Paris during fashion week but until then check out the trailer:


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for these!! Love the post!!:):)

    ReplyDelete